Friday, July 28, 2017

The boost I needed

I've written before about the student loans on my debt roll. These are loans for our kids' educations. Loan A and B are actually in DD's name. We told the kids that if they finished college in four years, we would pay off those loans - DS1 did not and he paid off his own loan. (For the record, I would not offer this deal now, but I was dumber back then.) At any rate, we are sticking with our agreement and we took on her debt.

Yesterday, her application for teacher loan forgiveness ($5,000) was approved and processed. She has spent six years teaching in a low-income school which met the requirements for the program.

So our debt has now dropped into another "decade."

We are going to do this. We are.

Sarah
 

4 comments:

  1. One day, I received a letter of forgiveness for $10K. I was so thrilled and put that letter in a bank deposit box! I did not want any mistakes made later. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are!! That's fabulous! Your ticker is getting louder and louder - I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and now I have to up my game! thanks for the boost.

    ReplyDelete

  4. This is a really good idea that you have going on. manufacturing
    หนังเกาหลีใหม่

    ReplyDelete