Monday, April 24, 2017

When life takes a detour

I had a lot of plans for this week. And I had to scrap them all.

Instead, I'm parked next to DS's bed in the local hospital. He fractured his femur in an accident, and because of his disease, neither surgery nor a cast were a good option. Instead, we are hoping to let it heal on its own. Because we cannot care for him at home while he is at this level of pain, he will remain in the hospital and likely be moved to a rehab facility for several weeks until the pain becomes manageable.

He is 23, but is physically unable to press the call button or in any way to care for himself, and so one of us is with him 24/7.

Church friends have been providing meals and DS's friends have been providing moral support. I am thankful I'm organized enough that the bills will be paid on time with little effort on my part.

We will get through this. Just have to keep our chins up.

Sarah
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Yes, chin up, one foot in front of the other. It's the only way, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. Glad that your church family is helping out with meals and moral support. I hope his pain is soon under control. Try and get some rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad for son and you. This is a long haul. I wish there was something I could do. Hugs

    ReplyDelete