Tuesday, December 6, 2016

An exciting month!

It's December! That means DS graduates from college next week! As we were once told he wouldn't live long enough to graduate high school, this is a BIG deal. A really big deal. I sent out announcements and invitations to family and close friends and invited family to join us for the ceremony and for an early dinner at a local restaurant. The festivities begin at 1:30 next Friday, so I only expected our closest family who live nearby to attend.

Wrong. Cousins and children of cousins are taking off work and making the trip. I'm currently at 21 coming for dinner and still have several I haven't heard from yet. So it's going to be a budget-buster. But you know what? This is one of those times that I just don't care. We want to celebrate this incredible young man and we're not going to rain on his parade by worrying about a few hundred dollars.

The only downer is that DH's boss is saying he can't have the day off. Seriously? A couple of co-workers are banding together and vowing to get the work done for him. I know this is crunch time for the business, but sometimes there are circumstances that trump business. This is one of them. DH will be at graduation. Just hoping he will still have a job afterward.

An equally exciting event on the horizon is the birth of our first granddaughter!! DD is due anytime and is SO ready for the pregnancy to be over. With any luck, the little peanut won't arrive in the middle of her uncle's graduation ...

And it's almost Christmas! All my presents are wrapped and under the tree. I did the vast majority of my shopping online and got some pretty good deals. I do love this time of year and knowing I don't have to fight the crowds at the mall takes the stress off and allows me to enjoy the season.

Oh, and it FINALLY turned cold here! Well, probably not by many of your definitions, but I have to wear a jacket now. Sure beats the 70-degree weather we had up until last week.

Hope everyone is enjoying their December!

Sarah
 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your fine young man on his impending graduation! You must be so proud.
    And I agree, there are times/events where the budget be damned. lolz Having to feed extra mouths because of this event in your life is so not a problem in the great scheme of things. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so happy for you. This is really an occasion to be proud of. And I bet the peanut tries to trump the uncle they always do. Double the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful accomplishment for DS....but also for his supportive parents. Congrats to all.

    And wishing a safe and healthy labor and delivery for DD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great boss. Congratulations on your son graduating and have a wonderful day. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right of course. There are things that trump anything work related and this is one. Budgets? They can wait until the celebrating is done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son and soon to be grandbaby! What did your son major in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's wonderful - I remember when he was just beginning college! I would blow my budget too - it's a once-in-a-lifetime event as demonstrated by all of the extended relations that are coming. I hope there is a good result for your DH attending - not a very understanding boss. Loving December so far!!

    ReplyDelete