Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's a new season

DS1 moved out. He's 24 and has a good job but until now has preferred living here. He's my sweet middle child, always helpful and who always, but always, does things on his own timetable. (He didn't walk until he was 16 months old - I should have known what I was up against then!) Anyway, his high school buddy bought a townhouse and offered him a great deal on rent. A big plus is that he cut his 30-minute commute to work in half. It was time. And even though we still have DS2 here - and his caregivers coming and going - the house feels empty.

On the flip side, my food bill has never been lower!

In other news, I logged on to Verizon today to see what our data usage looked like and if I needed to change our plan. As I navigated the possibilities, I came across their "new" plan and the price difference was stunning. I even picked up the phone and called to make sure I wasn't missing something - like maybe you can only text between 3 and 4 a.m. .... But it's for real. And my phone bill is about to drop - wait for it - SIXTY dollars a month!!! I can hardly believe it.

I've been lax about keeping on top of the financial picture the past month. This was my kick in the pants to get my ducks in the row. I could have changed that phone bill last month if I had been paying attention.

Oh, and we paid $1.79 for gas this weekend! It's the little things that get me excited these days :)

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Wow gas is still 2.72 here, yeah when they move out they get cheaper I think. We still have the one in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GOT A LEGIT LOAN WITHIN THREE DAYS OF APPLYING @ 2% INTEREST RATE

      Do you need a loan to pay debt, Pay bills, buy a new home and refinance your business? if yes contact MARIA HAUSTIN LOAN FIRM VIA email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com for easy and fast loan amount transfer. I am a mum of three little kids When i could not face my debt and i need a hug money for my son surgery, to get a good home and money to buy groceries for my other kids at home then i came on line to search for lender and i met how Mariahaustin had help several person. i immediately contact her company with my details and my loan amount was approve within 48hours and i receive the credit in my bank. contact MARIAH AUSTIN LOAN FIRM with her email mariahaustin@hotmail.com For fast approved loan transfer

      Delete
  2. hahaha yes! gas is under 2.00$ down here in North Carolina too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  3. HOW I GET A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE
    I was not sure of getting a legit loan lender online But when i could not face my Debt any more, i needed huge money to pay hospital bills and refinance and to get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find MARIAH AUSTIN Loan company (mariahaustin@hotmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and i applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application She wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact Mariah Austin Company with mariahaustin@hotmail.com For easy and safe transaction.

    *Full Name:_________

    *Address:_________

    *Tell:_________

    *loan amount:_________

    *Loan duration:_________

    *Country:_________

    *Purpose of loan:_________

    *Monthly Income:__________

    *Occupation__________

    *Next of kins :_________

    *Email :_________

    Contact her company Via Email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete