Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Seriously? Is it just us?

Warning: This post is nothing but a rant ...

Eight years ago, DH went to have his driver's license renewed and was held hostage at the DMV because there was a warrant out in New York for the arrest of someone with the same name and same birthday. We live in the South, not New York. He spent three hours that day working the phone to get someone in New York to clear his name. He finally did, something was faxed and he was able to get his license.

You know where this is going, right? Fast forward to yesterday. Time to renew the license. He passed the signs test. Passed the vision test. And then "Um, we have a problem." Yep, there's still a warrant out for the arrest of someone with his name and his birthday. This time it couldn't be handled at the local office. After being on hold for nearly two hours with the NY state division of motor vehicles, he got a live person. And was told that in order to clear his name he has to write a letter, gather documentation and send it to a place called "It's Not Me" in New York. Once they read it, a decision will be made in 7 to 10 business days. That means he will be without a valid driver's license for another couple of weeks. Did I mention that he is a package car delivery driver? And that he is paid hourly, meaning he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid?

The real kicker here? The warrant is for a single DWI in March 1985. That's THIRTY years ago.

And that was just Monday.

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. There are no words. OMG!! I feel so bad for your husband - that has to be one of the worst things to have to deal with. The amount of bureaucracy and red tape to get that sort of thing resolved boggles my mind. Good luck - I hope it doesn't disrupt your lives for too long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GOT A LEGIT LOAN WITHIN THREE DAYS OF APPLYING @ 2% INTEREST RATE

      Do you need a loan to pay debt, Pay bills, buy a new home and refinance your business? if yes contact MARIA HAUSTIN LOAN FIRM VIA email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com for easy and fast loan amount transfer. I am a mum of three little kids When i could not face my debt and i need a hug money for my son surgery, to get a good home and money to buy groceries for my other kids at home then i came on line to search for lender and i met how Mariahaustin had help several person. i immediately contact her company with my details and my loan amount was approve within 48hours and i receive the credit in my bank. contact MARIAH AUSTIN LOAN FIRM with her email mariahaustin@hotmail.com For fast approved loan transfer

      Delete

  2. HOW I GET A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE
    I was not sure of getting a legit loan lender online But when i could not face my Debt any more, i needed huge money to pay hospital bills and refinance and to get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find MARIAH AUSTIN Loan company (mariahaustin@hotmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and i applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application She wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact Mariah Austin Company with mariahaustin@hotmail.com For easy and safe transaction.

    *Full Name:_________

    *Address:_________

    *Tell:_________

    *loan amount:_________

    *Loan duration:_________

    *Country:_________

    *Purpose of loan:_________

    *Monthly Income:__________

    *Occupation__________

    *Next of kins :_________

    *Email :_________

    Contact her company Via Email: mariahaustin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a loan/financial assistance ? We can help you secure your
    future financially. send your replies to : austintrustloanfund@hotmail.com

    Name: Sex: Country: Phone Number: Amount: Duration:

    Note : All loan interested applicants should send their replies to :
    austintrustloanfund@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete