Monday, March 23, 2015

Life happens ...

DH rolled down his window on his no-frills car (read: he had to hand crank it) and not only did it roll down, it fell out. Totally. Crashed all over the driveway. Aside from the annoying part - having to find every little piece of glass so as to protect car and wheelchair tires - it had to be replaced. There went $180 out the window. Literally.

My grocery bill continues to be a battle. I'm telling you, if it were just me here, I'd be able to knock out all the debt in no time. It's the feeding of these males in my house that wreaks havoc on my budget! Enter Walmart Savings Catcher. Anybody ever use this? I was late to the game and just found this app a couple months ago, but I'm hooked. I scan the barcode from my receipt and then Walmart searches my local stores for lower prices. When it's finished looking (usually about 3 days), it credits me the difference. At any point, I can put my credit on an e-gift card and use it on my next shopping trip. Right now I've got $32 in my account. I like to have at least that much before I use it up so I can see a nice drop in that week's grocery bill. This month, I'm going to wait and use it on a week when things are really tight. I think you have to do most of your grocery shopping at Walmart to make this worthwhile, but if you do it's so easy - and better than coupons!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Groceries are our nemesis also, well that and college student and cars, and, hold it I am just like you! Yikes you have a doppelganger......I see that your totals went down and I need to post mine, I just have to catch up but I don't know when I will do it. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool!! I'm going to check to see if Walmart Canada has that app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Savings Catcher program! I started using it last August when it first came out and so far have earned back $156 since then. It's so easy to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such wonderful and interesting article.


    Debt To Freedom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete