Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's a new month

So January came and went ...

I spent a good part of the month helping my Mom. She had two cataract surgeries, a root canal and four fillings. Ugh. Our parents are getting older and more and more, health issues are popping up. It really is amazing that at our ages (51 and 52), we still have all four parents living. DH's parents up and moved to California a few years back. All of their children are on the East Coast. No family there. Now they are having a multitude of health issues and there's not a thing we can do for them. Oh well, it was their choice.

Amid caring for my Mom, I got a notice that my Cap One account was past due. I knew I had paid it on time, so I called. Turns out I misread the minimum payment and I missed it by $2. They had already charged me a late fee and flagged the account. Thankfully, the rep I spoke with was very nice and when she saw what had happened, she immediately dropped the late fee as long as I paid the $2 right then. I need to make sure I'm wearing my glasses when I pay those bills!

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on some of the accounts. Several will be gone within a year. Of course, that's making me very impatient and wanting them gone now. I just need to stay the course ...

And now it's on to the taxes. Yippee.

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I am going through the same thing with my mom and hub's folks. I am anxious to pay something off also. You are doing so well. I am feeling a little frustrated but am trying to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that seems kinda harsh treatment for missing a payment by $2.00! What do they do to you if it's $20.00...or $100.00?? Your mom will feel so much better once she's fully recovered. I remember when my grandma had cataract surgery - it was like a new lease on life! She loved to watch baseball on TV and could finally see the players again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I've done that! Either read the amount wrong or typed it in wrong ... they are mostly usually nice about it, but I always feel so stupid LOL.

    ReplyDelete