Monday, November 17, 2014

WE DID IT!!!!!!

It took 3 years and 10 months, but our debt is now below $100k!!!

Now, if you're new here you might think, big deal - you still have a boatload of debt. But let me tell you, this is a huge milestone. In January 2011, I wasn't even sleeping at night worrying about how I was going to pay the minimums on the gazillion bills. I was talking to collectors and talking my way into BLPs to make things more manageable. In the early days, some bills were being paid by other bills. There was precious little progress, but we stayed the course. We didn't worry about whether to spend anything on extras - because there was nothing there to spend.

And now here we are, having paid off $68k and inching ever closer to the halfway mark. We even have some extra each month to snowball.

We are proof positive that counting pennies DOES work. And the debt monster CAN be beaten back. I can't wait to see how quickly we can get rid of the rest of it!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. 68k of debt gone is huge! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Great work! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAM! That is AMAZING! Take a moment to celebrate this milestone! Welcome to the 5 digit club! Your drive, and indomitable attitude are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mysti! How are you?? Have y'all moved yet? Hope all is well!

      Delete
  5. Okay the one day I was too busy to blog you gamble in and beat me. Yes I say gamble as I can see you a dancin'. I am so proud of you and you give me such strength. I wish I was there to give you a big old hug. Can I borrow some money? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOUR STEADY PROGRESS FROM DAY ONE. YES, THERE WERE A FEW BUMPS IN THE ROAD BUT YOU HELD ON AND I AM SO PROUD! I RAISE MY GLASS OF CHEAP WINE TO YOUR HUGE VICTORY! I AM A BELIEVER!!

    ReplyDelete