Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The ups and downs of an old van

So, two weeks ago I went to the drive-through at the credit union ... and my window wouldn't roll down. I mean, nothing. Might as well have been a brick wall. I waved to the teller and drove around to park and go inside.

Now, as soon as a window won't roll down, you want to use it. All. The. Time. And the little voice in your head starts telling you to just take it to the dealer and pay whatever they want to get it fixed.

But I haven't had time to pay attention to the voice in my head, but I did find myself pushing the window button a couple of times whenever I was in the van. And, believe it or not, yesterday I pushed that button and the window rolled down!!

I've decided this was a test. Glad I passed.

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Since I've replaced over 6 car windows to date (well, assisted my dad doing so), I can only say congrats! Hope it was just a hiccup on the wiring. Wish you were closer and that way we could fix it for you-- it's not as complicated as it seems, and I am sure dealers would overcharge terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I waved at the teller" lol!! My old truck has lots of those eccentricities - sometimes my door won't unlock - so irritating - I have to nonchalantly walk around to the passenger door, open it and flip the lock button all the while pretending that's what I wanted to do!! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete