Monday, April 28, 2014

Tired of tires ...

A week or so ago, I had to get 4 new tires put on DS's wheelchair. Today, I had to get 4 new tires put on my van. Would you believe the van's tires were cheaper? The tires for the van were $88 apiece. The wheelchair tires cost $125 per.

At any rate, I decided I wasn't going to moan and groan about either. Had to be done and we had the cash. That's life. 

I did allow just a bit of self-pity, though, when DH announced this morning that he needs new tires, too. I mean, really? Twelve new tires is taking it a bit far, don't you think?? I guess it's like ripping off a Band-Aid ... you do what you gotta do. 

To make myself feel better, I ran through our debt numbers and updated those that have changed. The numbers keep going down, so tires be damned, we're doing something right!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. The good thing is that you had the cash. You've come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - I have to keep reminding myself of that. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. It's a wonderful feeling to know that you have cash for emergencies.

      Delete
  2. Nashing of teeth here. We had to replace two sets of tires last year within 6 months and I was so mad, then change over daughters snow tires 2x and then we paid to have a Niece and nephew's tires replaced as she is going to nursing school and has to travel 60 miles on a super highway 2x a day. They have 5 of the sweetest kids and hubs saw steel belts sticking out of her tires, so he wrote a $400.00 check to the tire store and gave it to her husband. This is why I don't get out of debt, tires and generosity. I figured if I ever had money I would just give it away.......... I am going to update my totals.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I spend a lot of time regretting that I am not in a position to help others more. It's one of the things that keeps pushing me to get out of this mess. I want to be able to help the people I love on a moment's notice - just because. I would prefer it not be on tires, but .... :)

      Delete
  3. We just got new tires for our van. So glad we had $ for them also! Love your blog!

    http://sellingitallbutthekids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dread the day when I have to replace the tires on the Dodge Dakota - they look huge and expensive!! But as the commercial goes "there's a lot riding on your tires"! Safety first or what's the point? But 12? On my...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I had 4 tires redone on my car... easier than trying to replace every 2nd one every other month. I want to redo my dad's, which are a real hazard (the things are BALD as can be!), but I don't have the money for that yet, and he wants to sell his car... but hasn't given a date for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely hate buying new tires. I always think how much I could have spent on something pretty for the house instead! They are a necessity though and I do appreciate them once we have them, but writing that check is painful!

    ReplyDelete