Thursday, April 10, 2014

They like me again!

I know my finances are looking better. Know how I know? Because I signed on to the Discover account and a screen popped up saying I was eligible for an increase in my credit limit. Because that's what I need .... more credit.

In case there's any doubt, I declined.

This has been a week of Mondays. One thing after another. Yesterday, I drove DS 45 miles to an appointment, only to find out the appointment is next week. My fault. I read the reminder wrong. And since one of the people we are to see is coming from out of state, we couldn't be squeezed in.

Today, I'm going to work from home. As long as I keep the windows closed and the pollen out, all should be good.

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Well...at least you were EARLY for the appt, and not LATE, and then they say it will be 6 months before you can be seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, at least they asked you! All 4 of my cards have increased my limits without my consent. The first one, I freaked out and asked them about it, but decided not to lower it, and the other 3 just came as a surprise when I was paying my bills. I feel for you; I've been 1 day early to an appointment. Talk about embarrassment, since I had to not eat the whole 12hrs prior and use up my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, at least DS didn't have to stop eating before the nonexistent appointment! You made me feel better :)

      Delete
  3. HA! We haven't used our Discover card in a while but when I logged in they wanted to give me $100 cash back if I spent $1000 in 3 months, I said nope... been there done that, I can only handle 1 credit card at a time.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one more card than I can handle! Discover must be desperate these days...

      Delete
  4. I need to get my totals posted you are ahead of me and I am going to try and beat you by the end of the year. Go kim ,go jenni , go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh, the competition is on!! Kim vs. Sarah - who will win??? I think we BOTH will!!

      Delete
  5. Nothing like a little friendly competition to spur people on! :) I've had weeks like that - I'm thinking about taking this coming Monday off and have a long weekend. My whole body aches with the stress of this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Jane! Nothing like a long weekend to help take the edge off.

      Delete
  6. My friend drove 50 miles to an appointment only to discover she was two days early. She drove back home and realized that she did have an appointment that day, but with another doctor. She was very upset.

    ReplyDelete