Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring has finally sprung!

It was a catching up kind of weekend. I was running low on cleaning essentials and some grocery items. Target had a great coupon in last Sunday's paper that was good for a week - spend $50 on cleaning supplies and get $20 off. Plus, you could use manufacturer's coupons on top of the big one. I was able to get 2 big packs of paper towels, 1 pack of toilet paper, Cascade dishwasher tablets, 2 large bottles of Dawn, mega bottle of PineSol and Clorox wipes. Final cost was $24.78.

Next up was grocery shopping. I do my big shopping at Wal-Mart and then pick up miscellaneous items that are better prices at the other stores near me. I'm lucky that I have so many choices within a 2-mile radius. I went to get a gallon of milk at Wal-Mart -  $4.08!! I couldn't do it. Just couldn't. I checked Food Lion: $3.89. Better, but then I remembered seeing something on the weekend deals at Harris Teeter. $2.79 - score! While I was at Food Lion, I picked up some ground beef marked down to $2.59. I had a $2 coupon for meat, so ... 59 cents. Woo hoo!

It's the little things that make my day :)

DS is on Spring Break, which means I won't have to fill up on gas twice this week. Oh, and today it's going to be ... wait for it ... 76 degrees!!!!

For a Monday, this one is shaping up to be OK.

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I do price matching at Walmart. You just have to tell them that the price is $3.89 at Food Lion and they match it, no questions asked. It's very convenient. I was hesitant to try it at first but so easy and less running around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hesitant to try that, given the general incompetence at my Walmart. I suppose I should give it a whirl ...

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great that we appreciate the things we took for granted. Like cheap milk or ground beef. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's us, Kim. Finding the sunshine amid the clouds :)

      Delete
  3. Great blog please check out my new debt blog

    Www.ukdebtsupport.blogspot.co.uk

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I envy you your warm temperatures!! I had the windows open yesterday as I painted (it's my March break too!) and it felt quite nice but we're only around +4c which is about 39f. But the sun has been shining the last few days which has been splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative post..Love to see the valuable information here..
    debt advice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever wondered why the bank sends you a statement each month rather than a bill or invoice? The bank never lent you a cent, you created the money they "lent" back to you when you signed the application for the c/c. Hence, they can't invoice you for a service they didn't provide. Write to them and ask for their proof they lent you anything.... you wont get it. You're only paying debts because you THINK you owe them. Spend a little time learning commerce and you will never pay a "debt" again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first --but not last--time reading your blog. Congratulations on making the decision to get out of debt. I did that a number of years ago, and have been most happy that I did ever since. After I succeeded, I started paying down my mortgage, and managed to pay it off nine years ahead of time. That meant I could afford to retire at 59 1/2 instead of working to 66 and some months. A really worthwhile goal, in my case, as the job was very stressful to me. My bills are now paid in full every month, and my life is SO much simpler and more enjoyable. You will be very happy when your journey out of debt is accomplished, and it looks like you are doing very well so far. Keep up the good work and don't let the frustrations get you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia! Glad you found us and thank you for the encouragement. You are exactly where I want to be!

      Delete
  8. nice post! if you want to be free with debt! try this site http://nationalcreditfixers.com/ they help help me before i know they can also help you guys!

    ReplyDelete