Saturday, March 22, 2014

Oh sleep, how I've missed you

It's been a long week with several big medical appointments for DS and long nights as DH was out of town and I was on my own for the nighttime treatments/turning routine. We even had a day of sleet thrown in there. (Am I the only one who is totally over winter?)

On the very bright side, we may have made significant progress in getting DS approved for overnight nursing care. I hesitate to be overly optimistic, but the thought of DH and I being able to get some rest after 20 years of not sleeping through the night has gotten me pretty excited. The person I spoke with last even said we wouldn't be responsible for handling any of the finances and wouldn't even owe a co-pay. Lots of prayers have been going up around here this week...

And now I'm going to get ready for what promises to be a beautiful day before winter returns tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. You are a Saint, but we would do anything for our children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just a mom a wonderful mom. Believe me when I worked as a CNA I saw many parents who did not care how their child was cared for and you my dear are a caring, loving parent. So I agree with Kim. You are a Saint on earth...all good moms and dads are but you are special.

    But I am even more happy for you that this will finally work out so that you are able to get some quality rest. I will keep it in my prayers that it goes smoothly and starts quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sending up some prayers too - that would be marvelous for you!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete