Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Life keeps on coming

Ended the weekend with a bang, so to speak. DS fell during a wheelchair transfer and we had to call EMS to lift him. The blood. Oh. My. Word. It was everywhere. He has a nice gash on his head that required stitches, but no broken bones, which is nothing short of miraculous given his brittle bones. I lost a couple years off my life, though.

Something I learned from this experience: If EMS responds to your 911 call but doesn't transport the patient to a hospital, you aren't billed anything. Who knew?

Now the ER bills will be another thing ...

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. That must have been so frightening! He is doing well now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he's doing okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so scary!!! I am glad he is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, how scary! Glad he is doing okay now!! i did know about the ambulance transport. Seems strange, but good to know.

    ReplyDelete