Thursday, September 12, 2013

Trudging along

I am so tired of being in debt. So tired of trying to get blood from a turnip. Not that I have a choice. It is what it is. We are halfway through the payoff programs we have with six of the credit cards. I'm holding tight to the realization that when those payments disappear, we will at least be able to breathe. Getting rid of six big payments almost at once will be amazing. And then we will be able to start snowballing instead of just paying minimums. Maybe we will get out of this mess before DH is ready to retire ...

OK, no more Debbie Downer.

Remember those beer rebates I talked about awhile back? A friend and I have teamed up and when we find forms, we pick up one for each other. It's not a lot, but in the few months I've been sending these things in, I've received rebate checks totaling just over $300. Pretty cool, huh? With coupons and sales, that should take care of Christmas this year. Woo hoo! Anybody else started Christmas shopping? I've always been a plan-ahead shopper - but it is especially important now.

With DS back at school and my chauffeur duties in full swing, gas is once again eating a hole in my budget. And groceries ... ugh! Prices are out of control! On the upside, we had an incredibly mild summer here and my A/C costs were substantially lower than they typically are this time of year. Can I order a mild winter with low heating costs, too??

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. It is agonizing isn't it? But what choice do we really have? Keep on truckin sister I am right beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and steady wins the race! You WILL get there! Just look at how far you've come!!

    Christmas?? Not yet. This year I think I'll start in December! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all tired but at least we have each other to hold each other up. Christmas will be small this year but thats. And as Sharon said look how far you have come

    ReplyDelete