Friday, April 26, 2013

This and that

How did it get to be the end of April already? Today is the last day of classes of DS's freshman year at university. He's had a great year. He is going to take a couple summer school classes to make up for the lighter load he took while getting adjusted to navigating campus. I have mentioned before that he has a full four-year scholarship, but that doesn't cover summer school. Normally, that would have caused panic, but because we were able to refinance in March and didn't have an April mortgage payment, we had the cash to pay his tuition. (It's amazing what you can do without a mortgage payment!)

The weather has been beautiful of late and we haven't had the heat on for weeks. I'm looking forward to that being reflected in the utility bills.

We've spent $554.78 on groceries thus far in April, including household and personal care products. We're well stocked, so I don't anticipate adding to that, which keeps us under budget.

All in all, a pretty good month. And updated the debt totals - still going down! The two largest Chase balances are half what they were when I started this blog. The tortoise will win this race!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. LOL I love the part about it is amazing what you can do without a house payment (an extra $1000+/- can ALWAYS be useful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no-rent/no-mortgage would be just awesome. Soon enough, I'm sure. Congrats on your advance on your debt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a month of no mortgage payment .... THAT would be WONDERFUL! Great that he has a full scholarship! I'm hoping for just some partials.... we still have 4 years but we will start looking into them soon. Never too early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live for the day I only have a house payment and then I will live for the day I don't have that. Imagine what we could do if we had no debt! What a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've turned my furnace off too, though we did have a bit of snow and hail last week! I love seeing the utility bills go down for a few months - I can really use a bit of a cash flow boost. I'm so glad DS had a good first year - next year will be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete