Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm back and looking forward

So far, 2013 has not been all that it was cracked up to be! I'm still in the throes of Bell's Palsy, but at the two-week mark yesterday had the first twinge of movement on my affected side. And today I drank from a cup without a straw! It's the small things in life that can make my day. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. This is certainly not a convenient illness, but I expect to eventually make a full recovery.

Meantime, DH moved from ankle problems to hernia issues. He's scheduled for surgery next month. We sure do seem to be falling apart around here!

Financially, we're plugging along. We survived a week without pay while DH was down and out and were able to stay up-to-date with our accounts. I'm currently battling a medical supply company that insisted I pay upfront for a piece of equipment and now has not properly filed a claim. I purposely ordered this piece in December, prior to the new year as our deductible had long been met. It is my fear that when this does show up on the insurance docket, that it will be counted toward this year and I won't see any of the money back. We'll see.

Did I mention that the dog ate my glasses? Really. Chewed right through the case and left the glasses in a pile of rubble. And did I mention that said glasses were all of three months old? It was not a happy time at our house the evening the crime occurred. I'm using my old, scratched up pair right now. The lenses had a 2-year warranty (supposedly for scratches etc.). I need to call and see if that extends to total obliteration. Then I'll have to figure out the frames problem. I'm afraid that if they do agree to replace the lenses for free, they will have to be exact replicas of the originals. Meaning I'll have to purchase the same frames. Without insurance (because no way will they replace them after three months), that could be cost prohibitive. Again, we'll see.

Maybe we're getting everything out of the way early and the rest of the year will be a breeze .... maybe!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Wow I hope the year gets better for you! Im hoping you get a free pair of glasses because the "dog ate my glasses" excuse is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do believe you are starting the year out with a bang. It will all be over soon and you will have know more trials this year. It is my prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I had Bells palsy in high school and I really feel for you. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete