1. Smile more. B- ... I tried. I could have tried harder.
2. Count my blessings. Every. Day. A ... I know that no matter how hard things are, it could be worse.
3. Pay for our part of daughter's wedding. In cash. A ... And it was worth every penny!
4. Make way too complicated cross-stitch Christmas stockings for same daughter and her groom as a wedding gift. Hmm, B+? I made one for my son-in-law, but it took so long I didn't have time to make a second, so I gave DD her childhood stocking which thrilled her.
5. Follow Eboo's Dollar a Week Saving Plan in order to have a fully funded Christmas account come next buying season. I actually started this in November, since that's when I'll need it next. Total so far: $171.19. F ... I started it with good intentions, but ...
6. Catch up on scrapbooking. That should keep me busy. C ... I didn't catch up, but I did make a wedding album for DD for Christmas.
7. Lose 25 pounds. I made this #7 so it wouldn't be so scary. F ... Enough said.
8. Exercise. Some. Anything at all will be an improvement. F ... See above.
9. Continue to work on the grocery budget while eating healthier. See #7. C+ ... Definitely spent less weekly than years past, but there's much room for improvement.
10. Be more positive about anything and everything. See #1. C ... Some days are better than others.
11. End 2012 having shaved a minimum of $15,000 off our debt. A+++!
12. Keep praying. It's the only way to survive this life journey. B ... I can never pray enough.
In 2012, we reduced our debt by $19,249.32! That is nearly twice as well as we did the year before and gives me hope that we can do even better in 2013.
Update on DH: His ankle woes turned out to be tendonitis. The bad news is that he missed four days of work, which will really hurt come payday. I've crunched the numbers and I think we'll be able to squeak by without resorting to drastic measures. Rice and beans for dinner, anyone?
So long, 2012. Here's to 2013 - the year we all beat down a whole lot of debt!