Monday, December 17, 2012

Shattered innocence

I live in a world where babies die. In fact, my sister Jenny's baby died of the same genetic illness that my son lives with. It's not a world I would wish on anyone.

But the horror of the events of last Friday in Connecticut has shaken me to my core. All those precious babies and their devoted teachers. No one should have to die such a violent death, least of all in an elementary school classroom. It has been my prayer that it was so fast that those sweet faces never realized what was happening.

Godspeed, beautiful angels. And peace and blessings to the families affected. There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. It is so sad and frightening,my thoughts and prayers go with you. I am just so up set about this. When does it end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many awful things happening. Take care. Strength to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all want to know Why? and I don't think that we ever will. The entire situation breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete