Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween. Bah humbug.

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. Too much pressure to come up with the best costume. Too many decisions on how much candy to buy.

This year I've decided not to partake. As in, the porch light is staying off and the doorbell will be ignored. Don't worry. We live in an older neighborhood and most of the neighbors are seniors. We have never gotten more than a handful of trick-or-treaters anyway - some years none at all.

And since candy isn't in the budget - and would end up mostly being eaten by me - I didn't buy any.

So there.

Bah humbug.

Sarah


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you feel that way about Halloween. It isn't a holiday I've ever partaken in, but I think it's fun. Totally your decision to turn the lights off, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could do that. My studio is downtown and they close off the streets, merchants are expected to anti up so I buy $100.00 worth of candy as I think it is poor publicity if I don't. But when I run out and I always do I don't feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We buy a little candy and build a firepit on our front driveway. LOVE to see everyone out and about. BUT I so understand how you feel. Glad you made the right decision for you!

    ReplyDelete