Thursday, October 18, 2012

A wedding, a late fee, and progress

My daughter got married this weekend. The weather was perfect, the bride was gorgeous and the wedding beautiful. I have spent this week catching my breath ... and washing bunches of votive candle holders that I need to return to a friend.

In all the excitement, I forgot to pay a bill ... so I am going to have to come up with the late fee. It pains me to have to pay that - it's been a long time since I've had a late fee.

On the bright side, I paid a couple of bills - on time - and our debt total fell under $140,000! See, if you feel bad about your debt, I'm always here to make you feel better!

Sarah


5 comments:

  1. Ugh, late fees suck. Any way you can talk with them and see if they can waive it, given the circumstances? It doesn't hurt, and the worst they can do is say no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, it has been a long time since I did this also, but it happens. I had a late fee on my business insurance this last summer when the sewer went down and my mom was in and out of the heart hospital 3 times and oh yes 3 eye surgery's. When I look back I wonder how I survived? But I made progress on debt. So happy the wedding was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy the weeding was great! And the fact is sometimes late fees happen. Maybe they will waive it if you call and aks? it never hurts to ask

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the wedding, and I would not stress about the late fee. Maybe they will waive it if you ask. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sarah on both your daughter's wedding and getting below $140,000!! Both awesome accomplishments! In light of that one late fee doesn't seem too bad.

    ReplyDelete