Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Still here, still in debt

I don't have much to post. We're sort of in that rut where we've figured out what works for us and we just keep doing it. We're still in debt, still living on the edge ... but we're slowly edging that needle in the right direction. I feel good about how much we've paid off this year - hey, we even finally have one debt that is under $1,000 and will be gone by December!

Jenny's still around, too. She's still waiting for the bankruptcy to be decided. The trustee in charge is doing some major dragging of the feet. I'm hoping she'll have some news to report - soon!

Oh, yeah, DD is getting married in less than a month! All the DIY crafting projects are done and boxed and ready for the big day!

Happy Wednesday!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you. Yeah debt takes a long time, but you and I will keep working and in a few years look where we will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slowly edging the needle in the right direction" is a great description. Crossing my fingers for good news for Jenny and cheering your debt under 1K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you're back. Ive missed your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy the wedding preparations. keep plodding along with the debt, good to see you posting again,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow and steady wins the race. "What works" is not always exciting, and what's "exciting" is not always what works. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with the Bankruptancy and congrats on the upcoming wedding! I am sure it will be wonderful. Just stay motivated on your debts and in no time you will see them begin to dissolve away.

    My wife just started blogging about our journey to debt freedom. We would love for you to follow us at passingthroughdebt.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your head up! If you keep on paying your debts it will soon be gone and you will be able to live a life free from debt, but you should at least allot your money for your needs, and debts and everything else with only a special percent, if you want. I normally have a jar of money called my “I always have money to pay my debt” jar. It will help with my conviction to pay off my debts because when that jar is filled, half of it goes to pay my debts. The thought is to wake up and stare into the jar, read the words, and believe that you can do it. You have to put your coins in it EVERYDAY and not get from it until you have to pay your debt. It's up to you if you want to do that too, and I must say that it's helped me so far. I got the inspiration from, watching the movie “Journey to the Center of the World”.

    Jaden Allred

    ReplyDelete
  8. When people try to get out of debt, they think they have to cut out everything that’s fun or pleasurable until the whole amount is paid off. But this just sets them up for failure… or relapse. Getting out of debt isn't easy, but when you make that last payment and become completely debt free, avoid a debt relapse and keep you out of debt for good. Thanks for such a great post.
    Debt Solutions

    ReplyDelete