Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes, technology rocks!

I am generally behind the times when it comes to gadgets. I had an aging flip phone until my kids got me a smartphone for Christmas. Which would be when I sent my first text ...

But today, I see the light! My credit union just put out a mobile app and I am in love. I just sat at my kitchen table and deposited a check with my phone. How cool is that??

Am I the only one who remembers the days when you had to go to the bank during business hours on Friday to withdraw enough cash to get you through the weekend? Before ATMs and debit cards?

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat. ING also put an app for check deposits from a computer or smartphone (too bad though, they dont take Blackberries yet). I definitely think that's pretty convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's good news! I need to check out the ING app - I've got accounts there, too, and that would be handy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the one thing I miss about not having a smart phone--having my bank apps so easy to access on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving being able to bank via my Iphone, I thought I was very forward thinking when I got Internet banking, but at my age I am taking it to a whole other level....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, yes, I even remember when they only were open to customers between 10 am and 3pm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently upgraded to a smartphone and I definitely need to install my credit unions app to check balances. That would definitely help. Actually last week I went to the store and my debit card was declined :(
    I couldn't wait to get home to check my bank balance and recent transactions on my computer, now I can check it on my phone! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember those days - and I sure spent a lot LESS back then!! My mom used to do my banking for me as I was always working when the banks were open. If you didn't have cash you weren't buying!

    ReplyDelete