Thursday, May 24, 2012

It never hurts to ask ...

Last weekend, we bit the bullet and replaced a mattress set that was older than I would like to admit in print. Let's just say there were probably groans at the dump when it was delivered to its final resting place.

We got what we thought was a good deal at Big Lots (thanks to a suggestion from Jenny), and spent three days being pleased with our thriftiness. On the fourth day, I saw a Big Lots ad. You know where this is going, right? There was a picture of our mattress set for $30 less than we paid. Suddenly, our great deal didn't seem so great.

Having not had much experience with Big Lots, I had no idea whether they have a price guarantee policy. Given the type of store, my guess was no. But I headed over anyway, receipt in hand. It took all of 3 minutes. They happily refunded the difference in cash and I walked away happy. I've suddenly become a Big Lots fan!

Sarah


6 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Good for you! It definitely doesn't hurt to ask, but sometimes I just rather not go out of my way. I'm glad they refunded you. I'm quite sure they're glad of that $30 investment on getting you as a fan/customer, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just never know til you ask and ask you did!! Congrats for taking the time - $30 more in YOUR pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $30 to spend yippee, it definitely pays to ask....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's customer service like that that draws you back in again. If they wouldn't have refunded the $30, you likely wouldn't go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! It never hurts to ask is so right! No- out nothing. Yes=30 bucks! Yah!

    ReplyDelete