Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One-stop shopping

My big boy turns 21 next week. Sniff, sniff. He was such an adorable little guy. I wish I had believed everyone who told me those years would pass way too quickly. But I digress ...

We have a $50 budget for birthdays, but DS has not given a single clue as to what he might like to receive. When I don't get suggestions, it's off to the gift card rack I go. Younger DS had thought of a DVD he wanted to get for his big brother, so I agreed to trek to Target with him so he could make his purchase. While there, I passed the display of iTune cards. And right there in the middle was a pack of 4 cards of $15 each - $60 worth of tunes - priced at $51. I had no idea you could get gift cards for less than face value!

So that's what he's getting for his birthday. I came in $1 over budget and I can cross one more thing off my list.

Now I'm going to go enjoy this gorgeous day!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Who knew about the discount gift cards?? Certainly not me! Will have to look closer next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I will go get some of those for the studio. We use and miss-use I might add I-tunes constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I didnt know you could get discounted gift cards either. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to see iTune cards at that price at Costco but not lately. Bonus tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bough my Daughter's birthday present today for her big day on Easter Sunday, she will be 37. Does'nt time get away from you.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good ideas--I didn't know about the discounted gift cards.

    Ladies, I have given you a Liebster Blog Award over at my place. :)

    ReplyDelete