Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Laying low

I'm trying my best to hide from Murphy this week. Last week turned out to be an expensive one when the van door wouldn't open and it cost $346 to repair (necessary because of the wheelchair lift). So we are down to $82 until Friday - and we will likely spend that much in gas.

On the upside, we are getting very close to dropping below the $150k mark ... who would have thought that would be cause for celebration?!

I've stayed home for two days and gotten some much-needed cleaning done and worked on the cross-stitch stocking/wedding gift. So far, I've made it without spending a dime.

Two more to go ...

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Car repairs suck but are necessary. You will make it till Friday. Gas is really expensive now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Murphy is hovering around your place, please don't send him my way as I have no extra cash just now.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you can do it, you can do it, (cinderelly, cinderlly) okay I am a bit off my rocker with the upcoming show, but you can DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you! Only $10 until Friday, so hang in there, and I'll hang with you! (Also, under $150k is GREAT! Keep going down down down with them numbers)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck - I know how you're feeling - I've got $40 til Monday! Plus $25 in my wallet. If the car needs gas someone else will have to put it in! Our food supply is good so keeping my fingers crossed that Murphy goes to someone else's house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that Murphy! I am trying to get him to move on, $1000 for new car tyres and now the heater is broken! hope that he moves on for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Murphy has visited our car recently too :( Too bad the one kid that decided to become a mechanic lives 1000 miles away! Like you, we had to suck it up, pay for the repair, then lay low until more money comes in. Congrats on dropping below $150k!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah and Jenny,

    I've recently come across your blog and I want to say that I've really enjoyed it. You two are doing so well and are such positive people. I could do with some of that myself! I'm looking forward to hearing about you both going from strength to strength so I'm adding you to my blogroll and I can't wait to hear about your progress.

    Wishing you both all the best,

    Mrs Darcy

    ReplyDelete