Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One year later

My first post here was March 7, 2011. And here I am a year later, still fighting the good fight.

I re-read some of my old posts today. Boy, was I overwhelmed back then. Still am, but at least I feel a little more in control. After contacting creditors and putting some plans in place, we've managed to pay everyone every month as agreed. There's not many pennies left over, but we're doing it by the sweat of our brow.

And in a year, we've paid off well over $15,000. Yep, that's a drop in the proverbial bucket, but it's starting to make a dent. Hey, I can almost see 4 numbers peeking through on my ticker as the original debt and the current balance begin to separate.

If you're not tracking your debt by a ticker or a graph, set one up now. It is a huge motivator to be able to visualize where you were, where you are, and where you will one day be.

And guess what? It's SPRING!!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Paying everyone every month as agreed is HUGE, Sarah! Eliminating 15k of debt is nothing to sneeze at either. You've come a long way, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't life different now? I have had such a good time following your blog. Not that your life is always a party but I feel like we are on the same bad trip and we are just running around trying to make it a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $15,000 is HUGE! Celebrate!(Frugally, of course) You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understood how your ticker worked before, now I get it! I can be a little thick sometimes. You have made incredible progress over the past year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $15,000 is awesome! Keep going and you will see the difference. Your story is inspiring, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YYYAAAAAAYYYYY you are doing great! Isn't it great when the feeling of panic finally goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paying off $15,000 in a year is AMAZING! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing great! $15k is great progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is amazing - so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. $15,000? That's more than amazing. That ticker will keep going and going as will you, until the goals are met!

    ReplyDelete