Friday, March 23, 2012

Listen up - it can pay off

I was at church the other day and overheard a conversation ... OK, I was eavesdropping. A woman was talking about participating in a focus group and being paid well for it (this is where the eavesdropping commenced in earnest). She mentioned the company and I made a mental note.

I looked it up and it is indeed a legit local research company that conducts surveys and focus groups for other companies. I filled out the online form with my stats and interests and pushed the button.

Not 24 hours later I got a call asking if I was interested in participating in a study. From what I can tell, it will be about sweeteners or artificial sweeteners - not sure which. I am to report at noon on Tuesday for a 2-hour gig. At the end of two hours, they'll give me $85. Cash.

Not a bad take for keeping my ears open. ... And today, I made a payment to CarMax and felt the urge to update my ticker on the spot because we've officially paid off $16,000! The tortoise is winning the race! Woo hoo!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :) Easy & painless way to make some $$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That's so great. I love doing focus groups - once in a while I'll go on Craigslist and see if I can find something I qualify for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rolling right along. Great on the way to make extra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do them a few years ago...thinking it might be a good idea to call them again.

    You are doing great

    ReplyDelete
  5. those groups are good, and it's usually cash. I did a few of these years ago - easy money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Focus groups - that's a new one on me! That's over $40 an hour - eavesdropping really pays off!!

    ReplyDelete