Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello spring!

We set our clocks ahead last night and I already feel like I'm behind. It's been such a crazy winter - every few days the temperature is in the 70s. My daffodils were blooming back in December!

I always equate re-setting the clocks with a change of season, which sent me into a bit of a panic yesterday. I'm cross-stitching Christmas stockings for DD and her fiance. My plan has been to give them at a family shower his sister is hosting this summer. (His parents live out of state, so this was a way to get the whole family together.) I was so pleased with myself when I came up with this idea. I cross-stitched my kids' stockings when they were babies and DD mentioned at Christmas that she wanted to take hers with her when she gets married. (Another moment of panic. I want to keep it!) About the same time, her fiance said his family had lost his childhood stocking and he was quite upset about it. Ding, ding, ding! So I found a pattern and supplies and began right away, patting myself on the back for finding a budget-friendly and uniquely sentimental gift.

That was three months ago. I did not pay enough attention to how complicated the pattern is and it is taking me five times as long as I expected, my eyes not being as young as they were when I last undertook such a project. I'm still hoping to finish in time for the shower. My motivation is that if I don't, I'll need to find another gift for them for that event. I can do it. I have to do it!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sarah



3 comments:

  1. I used to do counted cross stitch, and yes...it takes 5x longer than you think! You still have time....slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for Christmas gifts! I've been working on a quilt for one of my two nieces since January and while it is a gift I know she'll love and I'll be proud to give, it is taking forever! But like Mysti said, slow and steady wins the race. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great gift! Hope you get done in time!

    ReplyDelete