Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Changing the family tree

The highlight of the past week for me? Watching my daughter buy her first new car. A shiny 2012 Toyota Corolla.

In cash.

I can't begin to describe what it feels like to see a 23-year-old who is so determined not to incur debt that she scrimped and saved for a year and a half and then wrote a check for a brand new car.

Just knowing that she learned from our mistakes and will not repeat them is worth all the agony of this financial journey.

Sometimes our kids do listen. And it pays off.

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You should be very proud and so should she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awesome! She is sure making a great start with her grown up life, you should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I wish I had that mentality when I was younger. Not that i'm much older than her, but that is when my misbehavior with money started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all I can say is wow. I have a daughter like that. Terrified of debt! But what a good thing to be terrified of, wish I had been taught better. You should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That, my dear, is spectacular!! You must be beyond proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a proud moment. I hope I can instill the same values in my children.

    ReplyDelete