Thursday, January 26, 2012

Things I learn at the grocery store ...

The most expensive grocery store in the area advertised a "meal deal" sale this week. For $7.99, you get: 1 Freschetta pizza, 1 TGI Friday's appetizer, 1 bag of Mission tortilla chips and 1 2-liter Coke product.

Not bad, right?

I got my four items and headed to the register. It rang up $7.44. The cashier took note first and commented that often the advertised sale prices are really lower. She presumed it was because of lower regional prices.

Who knew?

My men will be quite happy that there is now an unexpected stash of junk food perfect for watching a good ball game. And I'm happy that I feel like I got a deal. I won't be eating with them as I am actually making progress on one of my 2012 goals: I've lost 7 pounds! Now I've just got to keep the ball rolling ...

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. well done on the weight loss. It is surprising how we can be taken as mugs by these grocery stores.....

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, $7 bucks and 7 pounds...coincidence? I think not! Awesome progress! And a very good deal...is this for the big game on Sunday??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. You're lucky. I don't get the chance to be undercharged from what I expected! They usually turn the prices up unless it's a mistake. Any little savings help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys do love their junk food! lol! Congrats on the 7lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Why don't they advertise the real price though? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress on the weight loss! it's always nice to see some movement on the scale, definitely helps stay focused and motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice surprise! GREAT job on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so impressed on your weight loss!!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete