Thursday, January 5, 2012

Free ham - it's what's for dinner tonight

Free food is the best! Hubby handed me a gift from one of his customer's the other day - a $50 gift certificate to the Honey Baked Ham store. He had no idea what to do with it, but I sure did! I had never been there because I know it's pricey, but with my $50 in hand, I marched confidently in and stated my intentions.

The woman was very helpful and in the end I left with a mini spiral ham, a sliced turkey breast and a bag of fresh rolls. The total came to $49.99. I told her to keep the change :)

I am so excited because this will not only provide a couple of dinners, but lunches for everyone for at least a week. I can hear the grocery budget breathing easier already!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. That great. I hear there hams are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be when that happens! Nothing like free food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Not only free meals, but really good ones too, yum! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Kim, that's a great idea! I even have a bag of beans. I think you just planned tomorrow night's dinner! Thanks!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic. I just bought a bag of lentils to turn into ham & lentil soup for my lunches for the next week or so. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! You struck "gold"! ;) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is pretty cool. You are so right; free food is free food, and that is excellent food for free that you got! Glad the lady was nice and helped you out make the most of your money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free food is the best!! Enjoy it, I know your food budget will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Free food is ALMOST as good as someone cooking for you LOL....enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete