Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas is coming fast

In years past, I would have most of my Christmas shopping done by now. As in over and out. Wrapped even. This year, not so much. I did pick up a book my DS wants that was on sale awhile back. And I have collected a few stocking stuffers. But that's about it. Yesterday, I sat down and tried to make a list. My kids are older and don't expect an over-the-top celebration. They really are good kids and are always thrilled with whatever they are given. Because of that, I try hard to find a few gifts that they will really enjoy. It doesn't have to be expensive, but sometimes thoughtful is harder than expensive.

I remembered this morning that my daughter has mentioned in the past how much she likes the advent calendar I pull out every year. While I was thinking about it, I got an email with a 25% coupon for a store that would have one she likes. So I went searching and found it. Without the coupon, it would be a no-go. Too expensive. As I was pondering what to do, another email arrived from the same store with another coupon - this one for free shipping today only. That did it. Clearly, this was meant to be. I ordered it (using the debit card, not credit), saved $20 in the process, and marked her gift off my list.

Feeling good about things, I decided to post here and found that this post is #100! Wow. Another sense of accomplishment.

This day is off to a good start.

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post!

    As for the holidays...I feel behind in my shopping too. But I try and remember that it IS still OCTOBER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I do the same thing now and try to write down things they mention that they would really like or need and try to pick them up on sale throughout the year.

    It was meant to be if you had the money in your account AND they sent you a coupon.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post! And on great shopping. I have barely thought about Christmas yet. And have decided that I am not stressing over it either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th! And yay for coupons for things that you need anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice on the 100th post! Here's to another 100!

    Also, isn't it funny when stuff works that way? Lucky you got the coupons BEFORE you ordered and not AFTER. That has been my luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post! :-) And, I love marking gifts off my list. I'm not very far along with my holiday shopping, but it makes me feel good to get a few things a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 100 already!! Good for you! You are one determined woman!! My daughter (who is 21) still wants one of those advent calendars with the little pieces of fake chocolate behind each day of December! Luckily they are only $1.00 so it is a "want" I can easily fulfill! Wish someone would send ME some coupons:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas is coming soon?? Ugh. I'm.not.ready.
    :)!
    100 posts? I remember when you just started! Time is flying...:)!

    ReplyDelete