Friday, August 12, 2011

Time out to give thanks

Like many of you, my days can pass by in a blur. I'm a wife, mother, 24/7 caregiver and, oh, about a thousand other hats I wear. And the debt is a noose around my neck that never lets me forget is there. So I think it's important to stop once in awhile, take a deep breath, thank God for His blessings and be thankful for all that is right in my life.

So today I start with thanks to you, my PF friends, for all your freezer meal ideas and for your continued support. You are all the best!

I am thankful for my family. They are demanding, exhausting and can suck the life right out of me ... but their laughter, friendship and love keep me going.

I am thankful that DH's raise kicked in today. It's not enough to change our lives, but at a time when our friends are taking pay cuts, we are so very appreciative.

I am thankful for a roof over my head and food on the table. Recent reports from Somalia remind me that not everyone is so fortunate.

I am thankful that today we are experiencing a "cold snap" and the temperature will stay in the 80s for the first time in weeks.

I am thankful I have nowhere to go today - I love at-home Fridays.

And, finally, I am especially thankfully that one day I will be out of debt and free to give back to my heart's desire.

May each of you have a blessed day!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I need to stop and give thanks and appreciate everything also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! It's very easy to forget the blessings we have in our lives. I'm a fairly new reader but I'm already amazed by your focus. You're doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Sarah - Thank you for reminding us who we should thank for all the blessings in our loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a perfect post, Sarah, because we must all stop and say thanks. Gratitude is so important. I am thankful that you reminded me of this today. :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreeing with all above....
    I heard Rick Warren say once , " 99% of
    the world would love to have our debt"
    When I see things like Somalia on the news
    I am reminded of that quote.....
    Thanks for the reminder today of the Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being thankful for our many blessings makes ALL the difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am trying to catch up on posts and feeling a little over whelmed and here you are. I feel so much better. I need to be grateful also. It is so easy to get disgruntled when you have a lot to do and no MONEY to do it with. I will be grateful for what I have.

    ReplyDelete