Monday, August 29, 2011

It's not all about the money ...

It's been awhile since I posted. I still check in on all of you when I can - don't give up on me!

Summer around here ended with a bang. I was sitting at the kitchen table last week when the Earth moved. Truly. My very first earthquake. Most of us around here didn't even know what it was when it happened. I found my neighbor outside looking at her roof. When I asked what she was doing, she said "It sounded like someone was walking on my house!"

We followed that excitement with Hurricane Irene roaring through a few days later. And just now, there are reports of a funnel cloud a few miles away. I have to wonder if God is trying to tell us something.

Later on this week, my DS is scheduled for a pretty scary surgery. I've been cleaning and cooking in anticipation of not having much time for either one for awhile. Also, it has kept my mind off what's to come.

I don't know if we've made progress on the debt this month or not. I haven't run the numbers and I'm not going to do it until sometime in September. The progress has been slow this summer and if I dwell too much on that fact, I might lose any momentum I've got going. So I'm not. I'm going to dwell on the recent reminders that there are more important things to focus on than money.

Hope everyone is off to a great week and looking forward to a new month!

Sarah

s

10 comments:

  1. You're right, it's not all about money. Glad to hear you all came out ok through the recent events. Hopefully those funnel clouds dissipate quickly! (I personally do think God is trying to wake us up to future events) Will keep DS and your family in pray for the upcoming surgery and recovery. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the surgery, I too have not made much progress this summer, but I will go on and you are right it is not always about money. it is about life and some times life gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! :) I am following and love reading your tips and goals! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well with your DS surgery... I'd be stressed too. September is a new month, new beginnings! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your priorities on what matters most - your family. Any progress is better than none, even if that progress is only being aware of what the problems are. We're cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eboo is right, family before finances. Any progress is still progress. Don't beat yourself up about it, just resolve to do better next month.

    Blessings to your family in light of the upcoming surgery. Family is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything is ok. Family is always frist. Know that your family is in all our prayers and keep us posted by when you can.


    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better to concentrate on your DS. I'm sending prayers your way for a successful surgery! Money can be dealt with later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the surgery goes well! I have been thinking about your family and hoping you are ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking about you. And hoping you are well into the recovery process.

    ReplyDelete