Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm worn down

It could be the weather ... day after day of 100+ degrees with no relief in sight. But that's probably just an added thorn. I had such high hopes for August. A new month, turning over a new leaf and all that.

My optimism didn't even last 24 hours.

On Monday, the first day of the month, DS had a doctor's appointment which I presumed would be fairly routine. A new doc, but that's nothing unusual in his world. I expected a meet-and-greet and the once-over for DS and we would be on our way. Instead, we left with a date in place for a somewhat complicated and extremely painful surgery. After dealing with DS's health issues for so long, I thought I was prepared for all that is thrown our way. I was wrong. And since we're guaranteed a night or two in ICU, the possibilities of more medical bills loom.

It might be my mood, but the regular bills seem even more menacing and impossible this week. I dreamed last night that someone handed me a check that would clear all of our debt in one swoop. I hated to wake up from that one.

They say this too shall pass. Now to convince myself ...

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry for you, but more sorry for your son. If it makes his life better it is worth the money. You are right this too shall pass. It is hard to get bad news and it can deflate your spirits. I will give you the over $4000.00 my daughter put on my charge card last month! Give your son a hug, surgery crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up. We moms do whats we gots to do. And the cost....it doesn't matter. Health is far different than anything else.

    I know the feeling that the regular stuff is just overwhelming. Just take it one thing at a time, and remember to take care of YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((hugs)) hope it all goes well.
    the good thing is you've been working on your finances for a bit so you'll be in a better position to manage the extra bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything works out with the surgery. And knowing all you deal with and that you are still making progress in your debt is inspiring to me and I'm sure to others. You can do this, and hopefully you can find ways to rest and enjoy some peace throughout the trials you are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your son! I'm sure everything will work out for the best. Just keep you chin up and keep going it will all fall into place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your son but glad your doctor is right on top of it.

    As for money I think we are all worried and budgeting..so don't worry you have a whole bunch of people rooting for you behind you!!!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give up. You've battled tough times before so you can do it again. I know it's hard so it's normal for you to feel worn down, take a little time then pick yourself back up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your son. I know it's easier said than done, but please don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand about the not expecting to have surgery...that's very exhausting, for sure. I hope everything goes well with your son, don't let the finances interfere with your health either. You are right, this shall pass. Let's hope for good health, because without it, wealth doesn't matter. Sending prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like every bump in the road there is the upside and the downside. Hard to know where the positives are right now honey, but hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, I'm so sorry. No parent likes it when their child has medical issues--especially issues that land them in surgery and the ICU. I hope he's on the mend soon and that it's a financial setback that will not last too long.

    ReplyDelete