Friday, July 8, 2011

We hit the magic number!

I bit the bullet and added up the debts to see where we currently stand. This is a particularly rough period for our finances and I'm not kidding when I say I held my breath as I pushed the total button. There's been some robbing Peter to pay Paul recently so all the money I've been sending out hasn't added up in the grand scheme. But the good news outweighs the bad news ... We've paid down $10,122.63 this year!! I expect the second half of the year to be as hard as or harder than the first half, but this gives me added motivation to stick with it and not give up.

I can't thank all of you enough. It's amazing how much it helps to see the numbers going down in black and white and to have the encouragement of friends who know what it's like to be in this place. Together, think what we can do by this time next year!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. GREAT job Sarah and family!!!! You are rocking this! Sticking with it even when it hurts is really paying off. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing and unbelievable to a point. You are doing great. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! That's not a small victory, ten grand is a big one! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great!!!! I think that is the best part of blogging, we all understand how hard it was and what a great achievement it is

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know even if you don't do over 10,000 again the second half you will still have paid off a nice car. Look at it like that. Here you go at the end of December you have paid say $19,750.00. That is a nice mid-size car just handed to you. If you do this again next year it is a $55,000.00 boat! It is cumulative. You are doing such a good job and are such a inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really great going! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is wonderful!! you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that is an amazing feat of financial wizardry! Day by day it doesn't seem like much, but over the course of a year it really adds up. You rock!

    ReplyDelete