Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer fun

The trip to Zaxby's was a success yesterday - and DH was thrilled with the repeat offer. The only downer was when I had to yell at an incredibly rude woman who parked in the striped area of the handicapped spot. When I pointed out to her that it was not a parking spot and that her car prevented my getting my son's wheelchair in and out of my van, all she had to say was "There weren't any other parking spots." This didn't go over very well with me and I am sorry to say I let loose on her.

It was over 100 degrees for the third day in a row, so we stayed inside with the drapes drawn. Dinner was salad, fruit and leftovers.

A perfectly fine summer day.

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Always gotta be a rotten apple, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m glad you yelled at her but obviously she was ignorant and stupid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who use handicap spots that don't need them should be strapped to a wheel chair for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left out the worst part of the story ... the woman was wearing scrubs. Meaning she actually works in the health care industry. Of course, that only escalated my rant.

    Kim, you are absolutely correct. Actually, I think only a day in a chair would do it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so annoying! I would've done the same thing. You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things like that drive me insane. My mom has a hanging tag for when we drive her(oxygen, extreme astham, 2 replaced knees) but we usually leave it for people who I know really need it. Instead I drop her at the door and find a spot

    I am glad you yelled.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to PF too. I enjoy reading your story. Good luck ladies.

    ReplyDelete