Friday, July 29, 2011

Payday!

Finally! And since the July bills have been paid, I'm actually starting a new month here. I am so done with June and July. August has to be better. Not that I won't be down to counting pennies to pay the minimums, but I'm hoping to get back on the no-new-debt bandwagon. My only consolation is that the added debt was not for "extras" or because we did too much frivolous spending. It was the result of life and of not having an adequate EF.

Paid our annual vehicle tax bills today. And tallied our July grocery spending. We came in at $472.25 - that's $27.75 under my monthly goal! The goal that seemed absolutely impossible a year ago. ... Now if I could figure out how to deal with the crazy gas prices.

Best of all, I've added to the EF! On to a new month!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. August will be brutal here. I have less than $800.00 in my savings and over $1200.00 worth of bills by the 13th. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Coming in under budget is always a good thing!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Thrifty Crafty Girl's blog. Kudos for creating this blog. My husband and I are also DR & TMMO fans. We're currently on baby step 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I hope August turns out much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go! Great job adding to your EF!!! And being under budget on groceries! That is a huge thing in itself with the prices on the rise. So in reality you've probably cut double what you actually saved because of price increases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think if that grocery budget seemed impossible a year ago and yet you did it, imagine what you will be able to do a year from now! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good work with the groceries, I'm determined to cut back my grocery budget this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    every month, where you don't add to the debt, but pay some off, is a wonderfully brilliant month and you should dance in celebration. We are nearly there and nearly out of debt and have four more payments and we're clear, we're starting to pay off mortgage capital and we're saving now and even though we're better off, we still don't eat out, still don't buy new clothes, still don't buy presents or go any where with an entrance fee and you know what? I'm never going to again until I've paid off my mortgage too. I'm almost 'clean' of debt and I want to stay 'clean' - Go and pat yourself on the back, you are doing so well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job coming in under budget this month!!! August is going to be so much better (it's what I keep telling myself). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. woohoo! under budget & adding to the EF! That is wonderful news!!! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you think June and July were bad months. But the fact that you added to your E-fund is great news!! And that you got your food boll under 500$ is also wonderful news! I think your doing a lot better then you think... I know when its you looking at the progress it doesn't feel the same way though.

    ReplyDelete