Thursday, July 7, 2011

Excited to have $8.97

Well, not really. What I'm excited about is that the bank and I both agree that I have $8.97 in the checking account. When my head was in the sand, I would sometimes be off by $30 or more ... which translated to twice that once I got hit with overdraft fees for not knowing how much I had available.

So even though the balance has not gone up, at least I'm paying attention. That's half the battle. And tomorrow is payday. That's the better half.

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. In the past several years, since I really started paying attention to our debt, I have become obsessive about checking my accounts and having things balance. Just knowing that it is balanced makes me centered and calmer.

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times when I have $0.55 on the day before payday... but I know I have that, the bank knows I have that, and I'm not overdrawn. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overdrafts are the pits. I too am very careful, although I was never an overdraft queen. I was hit a few times and became very paranoid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good day when you and the bank match! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are spot on with your comment that paying attention is half the battle. When I get in trouble is when I quit paying attention. When I have a good handle on how much is coming in and going out, everything seems to flow much more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your plan for that $8.97? Even if i have 1 cent left the day before pay day I snowflake it into a savings account or my student debt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job knowing what is there!!! you are doing great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You should be very proud of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete