Friday, July 1, 2011

A different kind of thank-you note

I collected the mail yesterday and as I was flipping through the junk, I spotted an ominous looking envelope. It was from Chase - I'd seen them before, and they have never been good. Usually a pay-up now or we send you to the big, bad collections snakes kind of letter. Thing is, I have all our Chase accounts in BLPs and I've been paying them as agreed. I mean, it's been hard to scrape together enough to meet those obligations, but I have done it. So I was a little worried about what I had missed and what that meant for our finances.

So I steeled myself for the worst and opened it. It was a thank-you letter. That's right, a thank you. Thanking me for taking the steps I had to set up a BLP and for abiding by the terms.

Think they were just a little worried that they were never going to get the massive amount of money we owe them??

What a relief. I so prefer thanks over threats. See, things really are improving!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I've honestly never heard of a C.C. Thank-you note! lol! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous surprise! It's like a little pat on the back from the Universe saying "Good job! You can do it! Keep going!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carla - it was definitely a first for me!!

    @Taylor - It really was the kick in the pants I needed after a tough month :) Gave me some motivation to keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chase for realizing that maybe some people have it hard and for sending along some encouragement when they are sticking to it even when its very difficult!

    Keep up the great work Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you guys, if you can do it then I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see that they DO pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great!! Its always nice to get a thank you note in the mail no mater who it comes from! Even better when its a sign things are looking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's actually quite nice and good motivation. Not bad at all for a bank.

    You should give yourself a pat on the back. You've been working really hard and success is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely better then the alternative! hehe.... good job - keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  10. HMM they didnt send me one, but then again I moved my car and cc from them to my credit union.

    But I think you are the first person I ever heard of getting a thankyou from them. Congrats!!!!!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really admire what you're doing. Paying off so much debt is incredibly hard at the best of times, but doing it while suffering through constant medical bills and medical equipment to pay for? Unbelievable! I wish you all the luck in the world :-)

    ReplyDelete