Thursday, June 30, 2011

End of month - Bleh

So it's the end of the month and time for the end-of-the-month report. Except that I don't want to because it's just not good.

We didn't save any money.

We didn't send Discover any snowflakes.

We went over on the grocery budget goal by $79.75.

We added to our debt - not much, but enough.

I'm going to wait awhile - maybe until the end of July to tally the numbers and see how it all shakes out. By then, I doubt it will show our total debt up, but it won't have gone down much either. And I'm really itching to get to that $10,000 mark of debt paid this year!

Medical costs hit hard in the past month, helping to knock us off track. And we are looking at some major equipment purchases shortly. We're saying lots of prayers that insurance will find them necessary and our out of pocket won't be astronomical.

But I'm not going to give up. And I'm not going to whine. I'm just going to focus on moving forward. And I think I'll just live vicariously through Eboo, who has seriously good news this month!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. You might not have saved but your family had two awesome vacation/experiences this month and although we can't live like that all the time sometimes its really needed. Hopefully the insurance company will be cooperative with the medical equipment. Eyes forward, move ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. June was not a great month for me either, but I am NOT going to let it get me down. No way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! We all have months like that, tomorrow is a new day! (and month!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. June was a bust for me also, I was able to save over $1000.00 because I did not put any extra toward debt. But recital fees and poor workshop attendance are taking there tole in the next couple of months. Don't let it get you down. Keep plugging along with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One month is not that bad as long as it doesn't become a year of them...

    Keep your head up! You will get to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a new month...brush yourself off and start again! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great attitude!! May was like that for me but ya just get back up on that horse again. It took years for us to get into debt, it'll take years (unfortunately) to get out of it. Keep on plugging along:)

    ReplyDelete