Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daydreaming

The title of a post by babybluewater got me thinking: "What will the future hold?" She was talking about a potential career change, but my mind wandered to what will things be like when the debt is gone. What will I do when I have money instead of payments?

That thought seems so far-fetched, but it still makes me giddy.

What would I love to do if money were no (well, within reason) object? I think I'd like to take my daughter on a fantastically memorable trip to France and Italy. ... Then again, I'd also like to remodel my hopelessly out-of-date kitchen and bathrooms. Hmmm.

What are you hoping to do when the debt monster is beaten into submission and you have a fat savings account safely tucked away?

I may never take my daughter to Europe. And I may never have a state-of-the-art kitchen. But it's always fun to dream.

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Once the debt is gone, we will be working on funding retirement, college, and paying off the house. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to walk the great wall of China! I want a house on the beach for two weeks a year. I want to be able to go on a mission to help the under privileged. I just don't want to have to worry. I think that will be the best part of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be able to pay CASH for everything and anything I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to quit working full-time and try to become a real, published writer. i also want to go on a month or six week vacation to australia/new zealand/fiji. i suppose my husband can come, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to being able to give. And just to not have the stress of debt hanging there.

    Dreams are great, even if they don't come true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pay for any education in cash and everything else, travel and plan for retirement... i know funny list

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM taking my daughter to Europe next August. Now granted its with school, and only for 8 days but truthfully its a trip I always wanted to go on and never would have. I am simply budgeting the money over the next 10 months. I know how much I have to put away each month for the trip and how much I need to put away for us to have money to spend.

    The great thing about dreaming though is its free. More than anything I want to go to Korea and Japan and Ireland and Scotland. I want to have all my debts paid off so I can do these things. I want to enjoy my grandchildren(someday) and watch my chldren get older. My list is forever changing. But for right now...we are going to Europe

    Judy

    ReplyDelete