Thursday, June 16, 2011

A change of scenery always helps

I'm back! Really, I've been back since Monday, but I've been going at mach speed and haven't found time to post.

Our 2-day trip to the beach was fabulous. I went with some trepidation - wondering if it was the right thing to do even though it wasn't going to cost much at all. But once I smelled that salt air and had sand between my toes, life just looked sunnier again. As an unexpected bonus, my Dad took our van out on Sunday afternoon and while he was gone he filled up the tank! So the total cost of our trip turned out to be a single tank of gas. Not bad for some much needed R&R.

Yesterday, I rolled coins to use on our trip to the Florida medical conference. The grand total was $43. Every little bit helps. This post sounds like all we do is travel but in reality, we haven't gone on a family trip in ages. (That's one of the things I dream about doing a lot of when we rid ourselves of the debt.)

I hope everyone is having a fantabulous day!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm SO happy to hear you had a fabulous time! And how kind of your dad. That's wonderful that it cost half of what you were expecting... making it all that more enjoyable! Yay for family and R&R!!!

    And look at your ticker moving! Yay for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Little Lamb! My parents are a blessing to me. And I'm pretty psyched about the ticker moving, too!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a marvelous trip.

    You seem to have gotten some much needed R&R. It will help more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back- a little bit of sun and sand can make the world seem so much brighter

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just sound so much happier with more energy and zing! You needed the get away. Aren't parents great! Glad you are back, I missed you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New reader here, but I totally agree that sometimes you need to just get away. Glad you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete