Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beach bound!

Today is the day we leave for our mini-vacation at the beach with my parents. We're pretty excited about getting out of town and doing nothing more strenuous than spreading out a towel on the sand.

I had a moment of panic, yesterday, though, as I was paying bills and watching the paycheck evaporate at an alarming rate. I started to think we were crazy, even though this trip will only cost us the gas to get there. But I calmed down and realized our food budget should be substantially less this month while we are out of town. My folks will feed us this weekend and most meals at the Florida conference are taken care of.

I rationalized. Isn't that what we do when the numbers are perilously close to not adding up? Oh, for the day when the numbers work.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful mini-vacation!! :) I'm sure the budget will all even out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops....I can't type.

    Have F-U-N!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY!!!! Don't forget the sunscreen....:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be so glad you've had this mini-break! Even if you have to eat lots of kraft dinner and weiners when you get back to make the numbers work it will have been so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good for you! Go have some fun and relax in the sun. Yes, you are right, rationalizing is exactly what we do when the numbers don't add up :) Someday they will... someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a fabulous time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete