Sunday, May 1, 2011

I have a confession

I was out and about Friday at lunchtime (bad idea #1). I ended up near a Zaxby's (bad idea #2). I really wanted a chicken finger plate from Zaxby's (bad idea #3). It would have cost about $6. And I had $7 in my wallet. I sat in my car arguing with myself and my evil self almost won out. Almost. I mean, I was ready to turn into the drive-thru but at the last minute I passed it.

I think it's your fault. I kept thinking of all my new PF friends and how I would have to 'fess up to you all or feel even more guilty about it.

I already knew I had done the right thing when I passed it and headed home for a lunch of leftovers. But later that day, I had to pay an unexpected medical expense. The cost? $6.84. Thanks to my no-Zaxby's lunch, I had the cash.

Sometimes, doing the right thing really does pay off.

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! But please realize that no one is perfect, and we ALL slip up. The key is to own it...figure out the emotion behind it...and learn from it.

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job....self control is so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you for resisting temptation. It's very hard sometimes. You are doing great and how wonderful that because of passing on Zaxby's you had cash for your unexpected expense. That is great reinforcement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are better than me. I went to McDonalds to get a large diet coke. Well I was 2 cents short of what I had in my purse. This was after making the man wait while I searched through all my car cubbies for spare change. I eventually had to write a check for $1.07. Then went to JoAnn's (my original trip purpose). I did not have the 89 cents I needed for the pack of beads to finish a dress. So I had to write another small check. Notions were 50% off so I purchased a few items I was low on. But still the stress for a bad habit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW McD's takes cheques??? REALLY o.O??? Well smack me with a fryin pan!!!

    Any ways well done, sometimes it hard but I think how good it feels to know you had the money for the medical bill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, good on you for staying strong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for YOU! that is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez you make it sound like we're perfect or something...NOT! I succumbed to buying a bottle of scotch on the weekend (totally a want not a need obviously) AND I spent some money at a used clothing store (shorts for summer, kind of a need I guess though it's not like I don't have any)but I felt like shopping! I do it so rarely it felt like ENTERTAINMENT!! See? I'm so bad sometimes!

    ReplyDelete