Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Checked the calendar just in time!

It's 97 degrees here today. Yes, NINETY-SEVEN and it's not even June yet. But it will be tomorrow, so I was doing some end-of-the-month straightening and came across the Chick-Fil-A fund-raising calendar. (If you've never seen one, each month has a coupon for something, good only for that month.) I haven't found the coupons to be that fabulous this year - a free soda or water. But the May coupon is for a free chargrilled chicken salad so guess what I had for lunch? I'd never had one from there before, but it was great - lettuce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, croutons etc., and lots of grilled chicken. I would have been so mad at myself if I had missed this one!

Now I have to go rethink my plans for dinner. The casserole I was going to make is way too heavy for this weather. If only we hadn't eaten the entire watermelon yesterday ...

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Gosh that's hot! (Oh for some hot weather in the UK, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog...i love all your favourites...i thought no one knows about Gail Vaz-Oxlade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I wish we had one of those places in NY! And today was even HOTTER than yesterday for us in the City!

    twentytwomonths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete