Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

I'm sitting here having tallied my debt to update my ticker. Seeing what I paid out and how little the total actually decreased is rather sickening. The lengthy list of creditors is rather sickening, too.

I've decided Dave Ramsey is probably right. He suggests taking Baby Steps. With this much debt, are there any other kind of steps? I think the point of his plan is this: In order to succeed, you need a realistic goal.

I look at the bottom line of my debt and can't see how it will ever be gone. That can't be my goal because I can't see the finish line.

My new mantra: Begin with an end in mind.

So I'll start with Discover. I owe them $2,962.76. Approximately. I'm going to work really hard on that one. And try to stay afloat with the other ones. I do believe that if I can knock off some of these zillion debts, things will start looking more manageable on paper. More realistic.

Begin with an end in mind.

Here we go ...

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Good Mantra! I like it. One baby step at a time, one bite at a time. It's all doable and just requires the patience and persistence.

    Little Lamb

    ReplyDelete